Saturday, February 21, 2009

Longevity and Injury Prevention - Relieve Lower Back Pain in Under 10 Minutes

I remember a long while back, in one of my first jobs as a teen. I worked for a large guitar shop and I was the janitor. I would come in and clean windows and mop a large portion of this store each time I came in. Twisting and walking. I wasn't that well conditioned in my fitness (but I was getting conditioned with this job). One day my back was just killing me. I strained it probably from overwork.

Have you noticed how frustrating it feels to get back soreness from a strain or just bad form while moving for long periods?

Obviously, back pain is widely varied so if you have serious symptoms, you should seek the help of a qualified physician.

Here's a couple of moves to help strengthen and relieve the back:

Let's talk about soothing it first. You'll need a foam roller. There around12-20 dollars at a sporting good store. Get a 6-by-36-inch one if you can.

- Relax The Back. Find a carpeted area or lay down a mat. Now, go ahead and lie face up. The foam roller should be horizontally under the upper back but below the shoulder blades. With your feet flat, knees bent and hands behind head. Keep the tummy tight and press into feet, lifting the hips just slightly. You'll slowly roll from the upper to mid back area. Find the sweet spot, or your tender spot. Hold it for a second or two and release. Go repeat this 3 to 4 times.

- Sky Diving Anyone? This move is called "sky divers" The next move is a strengthener. This one will work the stability of the core. Go ahead and lie prone or on your belly on a soft surface like a yoga mat or large towel. While lying there, simultaneously raise your straight leg and opposite arm 6 to 8 inches from the deck. Be sure to contract your abs to prevent any arching or twisting of the pack. Hold this for 3 to 4 seconds. Repeat 10 times on each side. Do this 3 times.

Adriel Yapana is a Body Transformation Expert, Home Business Trainer, Author, Speaker and Consultant. He loves helping others achieve their best in life.

To get FREE powerful, life-changing strategies and videos, Please visit his website at http://fastfatlossworkouts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment